Friday, October 21, 2011

Cindy Lou Who

I realized yesterday that I only have three sewing days left till Halloween since we will be going on a trip for the week before. So today I pulled out my pattern and got going on my daughters Cindy Lou Who pajamas. Unfortunately instead of having a lack of heart this Halloween we now have pajamas two sizes too large. I think it will work but it will certainly fit for a long time to come.











Last night I attended a meeting of the Blissful Home Guild (I have a lot to learn) and worked on annother drawing while listening to my friend teach about planning parties and gracious hosting. I worked on this colored pencil drawing of her 6 month old son. I would change the backbround to something lighter if I could. The bright color is too intense for the colors in the face.



The changes are coming less dramatically to the painting now. There are a lot of details to work on and small issues to fix.  I am copying from a painting titled "U.S.S. UNITED STATES Bombards H.M.S. MACEDONIAN - Naval Battle of 1812‏" by Gordon Grant. I was not sure at first if I was allowed to copy someone else's painting and especially post it on this blog but I wrote to the gallery that owns the painting and they replied "It is ok to copy this or any other painting provided you mark it as "a copy" stating in this case it is "a copy of Gordon Grant "


1 comment:

  1. The ships looks great. Can't wait to see the final outcome.
    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete