Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A little Chicken, and a big turkey

It felt great to get back into the studio today and to start a new painting. I have had a busy week with counting votes for the peoples choice Treasury of Art show, celebrating an anniversary and preparing to host thanksgiving. Painting is so relaxing for me. Evenings when I paint seem to fly past and it is soon midnight and time to head to bed but in the morning I feel so much better rested than if I had stayed up late doing almost anything else. I think when I paint I sort of escape into a different brain space and it refreshes me instead of making me tired.
This little painting of my son has been calling to me for a while now. The reference photo was taken this summer at my parents farm. He was so proud and happy to be holding this sweet baby chick.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment