Saturday, August 9, 2014

What happens in a Month

Terrible it has been over a month since my last post. But what a busy month it has been. We started the month with a trip to Florida where beach time, theme parks, and visiting art galleries occupied our time.
I am now being represented by Amelia SanJon Gallery in Amelia Island Florida so if you are in the area stop by, better yet buy something! I took in six paintings to let the Gallery owner browse through and choose from and she wanted all six to sell in the Gallery.
"Beach Trio" Oil on Canvas 16x20

"Dunes" Oil on Panel 6x9
 
After Florida the three kids went to stay with their Grandparents for a week and a half. I had such a peaceful time. I finished my bathroom remodeling project, went to the National Gallery with my Art Teacher, finished a painting of St Francis De Sales for m Church, saw two movies in the theatre and went on several dated with my husband. I also was reminded just how mentally exhausting children are. Without them around I felt so refreshed and clear minded, but I did miss them.
St Francis de Sales
Bargue Drawing from Class

Color Study
Work in Progress
 I have also been working on a portrait commission. I only have the first layer on part of the painting but it is coming along slowly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment