Monday, May 20, 2013

Baby Shower Gifts

For My friends baby shower I made two gifts inspired by various pins on pinterest. One was a faux chenille blanket, and the other was an altered onesie.
 
 The blanket started with one layer of cotton quilt fabric and three layers of flannel. I pinned them together as I ironed them to keep them from shifting during quilting.
 Sewing diagonal lines approximately 1/2 inch apart (this took a lot longer than I thought it would)
 I cut through the three layers of flannel without cutting the top layer.
 I squared up the quilt and then added a satin blanket binding.
After the blanket was washed the edges of the flannel fray in this cool wavy pattern.
 I just added three layers of jersey cotton to this onesie to make it a sweet little dress. No one else will have this outfit.

 Blanket and Dress
And my Goose was happy to model for the picture shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment