Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What I have accomplished and what I have not

In this generation of pinterest and blogs it can be easy to believe that everyone does amazing handmade crafts and artwork, has a spotless house cleaned entirely with homemade cleaning supplies, makes gourmet dinners from scratch every night, uses cloth diapers but only for 1.5 years when their children learn to use the potty with nary an accident, homeschools their perfectly behaved children and goes on interesting dates every week with their charming husbands.
I want to make sure no one believes I anywhere come close to meeting this "Norm." Not that anyone who knows me ever would.

So things I got done this week:
  • Washed 3 loads of laundry,
  • Gave my family food to eat
  • Invented a new recipe
  • Finished a painting
  • Worked on a small quilt project to show to Blissful Home Guild - topic Homemade Gift Ideas (Pictures to follow)
  • Had 3 tea parties with my daughter
  • Nursed the baby countless times
  • Got the kids to bed
  • Read books
  • Made cookies with daughter
  • Cleaned off the table
  • Swept the floor of cheerios 24 times
  • Cleaned out the sandbox
  • This Blog


Things I have not gotten to
  • Folding or putting away any laundry
  • Feeding much more than PB and J or pasta for several days in a row
  • Grocery shopping- new recipe was mandatory to take advantage of what was available on hand
  • Starting another painting
  • Making the tea parties beautiful enough to photograph, we were wearing boring clothes and eating off of the coffee table, no special decorations
  • Giving the kids nightly baths, bedtime came and I was too tired to tackle bathtime
  • Reading Adult books
  • Cleaning off the foot tall pile of paperwork on the dining room Hutch
  • Moving things up the stairs from the pile on the stairs
  • Vacuuming
  • Mopping
  • Cleaning bathrooms
  • Finding the lost movie from the library
  • Sending mothers day cards to the amazing mothers in my life
  • Clearing countertops in the kitchen
  • Taking out the trash on trash day
  • Getting to church on Sunday- potty training and fussy baby made the whole thing seem too daunting

No comments:

Post a Comment