Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Around the town of Vienna

Sorry for not posting for a week or so. My computer decided to stop working completely. It would not turn on at all, and I was very concerned for the fate of all my un-backed up pictures.  Thankfully when I took it to the geek squad at best buy today, the lady was able to fix it in about 5 minutes and did not charge me anything.
 
Last week I participated in the Vienna "Around Town" painting competition. It was primarily a plein air competition which means that you paint on location but studio paintings were also allowed to be entered but not eligible for the top prizes. I am not sure how I would paint on location with three children running amuck so my paintings were done in my studio after bedtime.
 

 
 
The "Around Town" Plein Air show will be showing until
October 28
. The Reception and Awards will be held on Saturday, October 5 [the same day as Oktoberfest in Vienna] from 3 – 5. Stop by for refreshments and to see the paintings of the town of Vienna.
 
I was able to see the show when I went for my painting class on Monday night and there is some very beautiful work on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment