Friday, April 12, 2013

Shirt Dress

 After seeing several dresses made from men's shirts on Pinterest I decided to make my own. I picked up two blue shirts from goodwill costing under $10. I wanted to retain the collar so I chose the smaller of the two shirts for the top of the dress. I then cut the collar off of the second shirt to use for the waist in the back. I ripped out the bottom seam on the collar and cut it in half. I cut directly under each set of arm holes and used the full width of both shirts for the skirt.  The light blue layer of skirt is gathered and the darker blue layer is pleated.  The skirt is reversible so that the skirt can be either shade of blue, simply button the waist collar in the front or in the back.  I made bias strip from a section to finish off the arm holes and cut a front waist band from part of the sleeve.
If you want to make this and have any questions please let me know I would be happy to help if I can.

This evenings painting session focused of skin tones and the white dress.

1 comment:

  1. wow! What an adorable dress and good job on the painting so far, Debby!
    Sincerely, Katie

    ReplyDelete