Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tidepool

 
In art class today I worked on "Hogan on Guitar", "Suzanne at the beach" and started "Tide pool"
This is my first painting on linen, so far I have not noticed any differences. I scrubbed a neutral ground of burnt sienna and then used a paper towel to remove some of the color from the highlight area. I also started laying in some shadows.


I contacted the Pastor of my church to see if he would like me to do a painting of Pope Francis for the church. He looked at the blog and said that he liked my work and would be interested! I am excited by the prospect that my art will be hung up at church for thousands to see. And by donating it I can use some of my talents for God. Tithe can be Money, Time and Talents.
I have a meeting on Friday to discuss size and any other desires he has for the painting.
I already received permission from a photographer to use his images of the pope.

No comments:

Post a Comment